Monday, September 22, 2008

Yeah!

On my last doctor visit I had the Gestational Diabetes test, just the one where you can have breakfast and drink the nasty drink 1/2 hour before your apt. And..........I failed they like your blood sugar to be below 130 and I was a whoppin 153. I was a bit nervous that I did actually have it so for the next week I exercised everyday and watched a little better of what I ate. All I had heard about it is you have large babies and retain a lot of water. I do want a big baby well lets say under 9 pounds but I don't especially want to be big I am content with size at this point. So then the next week I went and did the 12 hour fast then go in and drink the nasty drink again and have them take my blood every 3 hours (that was one long day sitting at the hospital for that long). Today I called my doctor to see if everything was normal and............ I PASSED yeah I don't have Gestational Diabetes. I can't complain one bit about this pregnancy it has been so very easy, I guess December is the right time to have a baby. :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad you passed! Hopefully you had a good book to read in between them taking your blood, huh?!

Sabrina J. Shy said...

Congrats Nats...I always knew you were healthy. Hey, how's that nursery coming along? I'm still waiting for a phone call to tell me our crib and changing table is here...I can't wait!