Tuesday, September 2, 2008

1/2 Marathon

Back in May I decided Jeremy needed to fulfill one of his life goals and run a half marathon. So I signed him up for the Top of Utah. He was doing pretty good at making himself get up to run. About a month before the race his arch in his right foot started to hurt and he could barely walk, so he called to see if he could get a refund if he didn't run and they said no. So he finally listened to me and got some new shoes. About a week before the race he started his training again. His foot quite hurting, I was happy because I surely know that it is not fun when you are in pain. Well he finished the race and didn't walk any so he was happy. The only problem is his shoes rubbed the heck out of his heel hence all the blood on his shoe, and the outside of his left foot started to kill at mile 10. He did great I was proud of him, he just couldn't walk for the next 2 weeks. But he says it was worth it he finally ran a 1/2 marathon. Now his goal for next year is to better his time. I don't know what it is about being around runners I always get sad that I was not able to run, this has been the hardest part of being pregnant, I just want to get out there and be tired and sweaty. So next year I am hoping to be able to run the same half marathon with him. Well behind him of course.

3 comments:

Sabrina J. Shy said...

Jeremy...You're my hero! Way to go!

Heather said...

Congrats, little brother! Hope your foot gets feeling better soon . . . and maybe Natalie will wash those shoes for you (gross!) :)

Becky Anderson said...

Way to go Jeremy! I did my first half this year and LOVED it. I didn't have bloody feet or any other gruesome stories. Hope you are able to walk now!