Thursday, June 23, 2011

Barn Raising Party!!!

This year we gave my Dad a little different gift than usual. He is super hard to buy for because he is a farmer which leads to a work a holic which leads to not many hobbies. So my sister Kristy set up for us to all help out with this barn that they bought the wood for a year ago. Of course he still got his otter pops and gatorade (his summer time staple food). It was so much fun, and miraculously the kid situation worked out for me and my other 2 siblings. So we started at 10 pulling off the really really old wood that was already there, and by 6:00 that night we had a good start on putting the new stuff up. I love my brother and sisters, and Mom and Dad and so thankful that we all enjoy working together.
Pictures are out of order sorry
Taylee was in between naps and right before lunchtime, so why not let her help too. :)Getting the new beams up!
Pulling out the millions of nails that were in these boards. It was a tricky day making sure not one nail was dropped and not picked up. Especially when people were trying to pry them out and they would just fall in the pile of hay. Lots of fun looking for a nail in the hay

We are pretty awesome! We didn't have the right equipment but made do with what we had, my Dad is one brave man. Not only was he up on this ladder but told my Mom to reverse a little while he was up there.


The old barn, no pictures of the completed project yet, I got all this awesome pictures from Kristy's blog so as soon as I go to Willard again I will snap one. I hear they were out there until 10 doing it so they should have quite a bit more done.


Dad I hope your Fathers Day was great. I sure enjoyed it. And thanks to my Friend Tressa for watching my kids in the morning, and Aunt Deon and MaKayla for watching them in the afternoon. And especially to Kristy for putting this all together.

We missed you Becky, can't wait until you are closer and we can all hang out again.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Man we need another big project to all do together!!! I love that I got to post first cause I'm never first and then I steal the pics like you :) but you have a way better talent of saying it in way less words! I am not so good at that! anyways you pretty much rock!

Mindy said...

That looks like SO MUCH FUN!!! That's my kind of day! I'm sure your dad loved it.

Sabrina J. Shy said...

Wow, what a big project! Great idea though..you guys are definitely good workers!