Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day 5 and 6

Day 5 was no better than day 4, she did awful!!!  I decided I was done then thought to myself what am I doing?  She poops in the toilet I am not done that is a big step.  So I pulled that diaper back off and went for it.  She had accident after accident after accident, I was in tears.  Jeremy had planned to go boating Friday with some co-workers so I decided I needed a break.  Thank heavens I have an awesome Mother-in-law that came to watch the girls and clean up accident after accident.  Boating was just what I needed I felt refreshed for Saturday.
Day 6
Taylee was amazing!!!!! She told me every time she had to go potty.  Not a single accident all day long!  Plus she stayed dry all night long.  I can't believe it, I would say my little girl is potty trained and I couldn't be happier.
Conclusion
The only way I can figure out what happened was those first 3 days we had timers all day long and by the 4th day the timer was an hour long and she had an accident before the hour.  So she had no way to figure out how to tell when she needed to really go and how fast it came.  So it took the 2 really really bad days to get that figured out.  Potty Training is not easy, to be honest I feel like its the hardest part of raising a kid so far haha  The reason I try to do it so young is I HATE changing diapers and so does Jeremy so I change 99% of them and I am sick of it.  Not to mention how expensive they are. 

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Way to persevere! I'm glad things worked out well, I hope they continue that way. It is exhausting. We just went through that with Kylie, but then again, she's older than Taylee.

Sabrina J. Shy said...

Way to go! Wahoo! Keep up the good work Taylee-bee. Ready for me to send Allison over? ha ha

Heather said...

You're a trooper, Natalie (and you, too, Taylee)! Amazing, amazing. When you're done with Allison, can I send Owen over?!