Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July

I realize I am a little weird, and I LOVE the WILLARD 4th of July celebrations. But a small town girl has got to stick to her small town traditions. Parade, Foot Races, candy drop, and the most amazing fireworks you will ever see.
My Moms 1st place finish, she wins every year, so you see where we get our talent from.


Okay the foot race is divided into age groups from crawling to 60+ separating girls from boys. The Barkers use to sweep each race we were in every year. But this year the only 1st place finishers were my nephew Treven and my Mom. I don't know if we have gotten older and slower or if the age divisions have changed. Mine is 21-27 now come on, no way I can beat a 21 year old. haha I took 2nd though which isn't bad out of 3 runners. lol
Loving the parade :)


Super super excited he took 1st and his prize was a box of capri suns.

Didn't get any firework pictures, but they were amazing as usual. Taylee was in awe with the loud noises and bright colors.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Go, Debbie!!!!

Sabrina J. Shy said...

Ha ha, you're definitely getting old and slow! I guess you guys did get your running talent from Debbie!

So much fun! And don't feel bad about loving your small-town traditions...that's America right?

Jeff's Abby said...

Sounds like a ton of fun!