Wednesday, August 11, 2010

All girl


The other morning I was getting ready and McKell came in and got my contact case and was trying to open it. So I hurry and put in my contacts and gave her the case. Smart little girl started putting her "contacts" in too. Then I put on my makeup and she wanted some too. She is total girl but with a good twist she likes to play with cars and tools.

I don't regret my childhood one bit, but I was on the tom boy side from when I remember, so it has been fun to live through a girl with McKell she loves dolls, dancing, and pushing strollers and now make up and jewelry. All I remember ever wanting to play was barbie's. I can't wait to get her ears pierced but Jeremy won't let me now, so I told him as soon as she asks then it will be done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was searching for my GF's blog and came across yours. I had the same experience w/ dh saying I couldn't get her ears pierced until she asked. Well, it didn't take long since I kept prompting her to say " want earwigs" pointing to my earrings and saying "pretties." Like you, I wanted her ears pierced ASAP.

Dh said if I could find ten reasons to do it before she asked, I could go ahead. Easily found 13 and I went the next day to have her ears pierced at Piercing Pagoda with some tips from my ped who encouraged me to go ahead when mommy could care for them, not the child.

I'd say if you're thinking about it and wanting it done, then your mommy intuition is telling now is better.

Write me an e-mail if you'd like the 13 reasons to convince dh and our ped's suggestions for moms having their dd's ears pierced.

Amy
Amyswor@hotmail.com

Sabrina J. Shy said...

She is TOTAL girl...we love her!