Monday, August 31, 2009

Top of Utah Half

The family crew. Me, Uncle Glen, Sister Vanessa, and cousin Bridgette (aren't our matching tanks to cute)
about ready to die
Part of the awesome cheering crew we had.


Well I finished the race but that's about all. The first 9 miles I was golden but the last 4 miles seemed like they were never going to end. It took me a whoppin 1 hour 48 minutes, now that is a long time to be running. If I ever do it again (a big IF) I will definitely train a little harder, the farthest me and my sister went without walking at all was 7 miles, which is why 9 miles of it was a breeze. It was a great experience but I think I will stick to shorter distances from now on.


5 comments:

Emily said...

That sounds like a pretty killer time to me. Good job! :)

Kati said...

YAHOOO!!!! COngrats! I am thrilled that you finished! McKell is SO dang cute! AND Happy Birthday to you!

Sabrina J. Shy said...

Hey, you did AWESOME! Even if you didn't meet any of your goals....at least you finished it. That's probably more than I could do.

I do love your matching tanks--did you plan that?

And I adore the cheering posters your fans have! lol so cute.

Heather said...

Way to go, Natalie! Looks like you had a great cheering section! :)

Becky said...

Way to go. A little FYI, training makes a HUGE difference! Way to go on finishing. Maybe I can make it to the next family run :)