Thursday, July 29, 2010

Crafting


So I bought the material to make this quilt oh lets say at least 9 months ago. I cut out all the pink pieces and lost interest, then I started on the yellow and lost interest again. Every time I would look at it I would think I need to just get that done but then I sold my sewing machine to get a better one and I still have not gotten the better one. A few nights ago I stayed at my parents house with Kristy and my Mom to scrapbook all night. But instead I decided I gotta get this dang blanket done. I stayed up until 1 a.m. which is not like me and the next day I finished it. Don't look closely because I can never match things up.
But McKell loves it and that is all that matters. It just so happens that I picked yellow fabric and that is the one color she can identify and say. So after those 9 months I guess it is perfect.
I wish I could sew better so I would feel alright about making a skirt and wearing it too but I think I will continue to buy them until I get a little better at lining things up.

6 comments:

katie said...

Awesome blanket! I love the colors! I have been working on bedding for the new baby and I have a serious mental block on getting a blanket done. Good job on getting the project done!

The Baxters said...

Wow! It looks lovely! I sure wish I could sew! I know how you feel, I've been working on a blessing blanket my entire pregnancy (knitting)... and I just keep losing interest... Im running out of time! YIKES! Way to just get it done!

Mindy said...

Looks great! My problem is I can't cut straight or sew straight, so then we really have issues. But it's fun.

Mom said...

Way to finish it, it does feel good! And I think it looks great!!!

Brittney said...

That is so cute!! Don't worry, it took me like a year and a half to finish a blanket I started on, and I don't even have a kid yet! :)

Sabrina J. Shy said...

It's so pretty! Good job.