Monday, April 14, 2014

Waterfall canyon


 Taylee couldn't smile for a second she NEEDED a drink

 What an amazing family I have
 I take plenty of selfies just so we know I was on the hike with Zander

 We made it!
Saturday I talked Jeremy into going on a hike to Waterfall Canyon.  He kept telling me that it was a hard hike he took the priests last year and it was tough.  But what I can remember it wasn't "that" bad, so he humored me and agreed to take the kids.  Let me just brag here for a minute.  McKell and Taylee are AMAZING!  The way up is all up hill through rocks and water, so there wasn't much of a break.  But they hiked the whole way without a complaint.  It says its a 3 mile hike and takes 2 hours.  We did it in just that with a 5 year old and 3 year old.  These girls are tough!  They thought the waterfall was the coolest thing and wanted to get all wet, until we told them they had to hike back down.  The way down wasn't much easier because of all the rocks until we got the beaten trail .  But they rocked it until the last 5 minutes then Taylee fell apart, her legs hurt, her back hurt, she was hungry and on and on.  :)  I would say our first hike in the Mountains was a success.

2 comments:

Sabrina J. Shy said...

Wow! What an accomplishment! You're right, McKell and Taylee are amazing.

What a fun day out as a family and a beautiful hike too.

Kristy said...

You know what, I just got to say your kids are AMAZING!!! They are always up for a challenge and I dont doubt they get that form their AMAZING mom (and dad, love you too jet). But seriously nat, you are truly a fantastic person and a wonderful mom! I just got done reading all the updates. Funny you'd think i wouldn't need to since we talk every day but I love reading your words and seeing the pictures. It's just kind of hit me that you have a family haha I mean I guess it just hit me again. You guys are great and I love watching your kids grow, although I'd wish they'd slow the heck down! haha PS the while timid taylee while skating... I just can't even picture that so good job you provided one ;)