Thursday, February 26, 2009

Running!!!


I swear I am just destined to love the color PINK. This is the second time I have gotten asics running shoes and they have both been pink. I have always hated the color pink so I try on every other pair of shoes in the store just so I can hopefully avoid getting the pink ones. But lo and behold again these are the ones that feel the best. I just won't wear them for a few days so I can really decide if they really feel that good or I really do just love the color. I have gotten myself a gym membership for a month until it is warm enough outside and it feels great. I am up to 2 miles again without walking its amazing at how hard it is to get back in shape again. It brings me all the way back to my Freshman year of High School when I first started on the Cross Country team and running 1 lap around the track seemed like a long ways to run just for fun. Good Times. I just love the feeling I get after I have had a good run. I have a goal this year to run the Top of Utah Half Marathon in August, I am so excited just hopefully my knees don't get lazy on me.

8 comments:

Sabrina J. Shy said...

The shoes are awesome...you should keep them. Good luck with your training, running feels so good.

Veronica said...

I love those shoes, but I like pink:) You are awesome, I can't believe you are up to 2 miles already--isn't your baby only like 2 months old. Good for you and good luck with the training.

Kati said...

My shoes are pink too... Bummer. Congrats on the 2 mile mark! That is great! I got to start running about 2 months ago and HATED running in the gym. I couldn't make it past the 2 miles due to bordem. Today I went for a run OUTSIDE and then drove it to see how far it was and it was FOUR MILES! I was shocked! It went by so much faster than the 2 miles in the gym... It was a great feeling- just as you describe! Good luck with the training!

Mom said...

I think that your shoes are just great, the color pink must really be your good luck color--McKell loves her pink!!! Keep up the good job!

Becky said...

I like your shoes as well. Funny for a girl who as ALWAYS HATED pink :) Congrats on the running. When is the marathon? Maybe I can make it home to run it with you. that would be fun. I LOVE 1/2 marathons! Keep it up. It comes back slowly, but I have actually been able to run faster and longer than I did in high school. I think as a mother we know that the pain could be worse :) so we push ourselves harder.

Heather said...

Guess you're destined for pink, Natalie!! Happy Running. :)

Tayna said...

WHAT?! You don't love the color pink?! Haha, that is definitely my favorite color. Sounds like you are doing well running wise. Good luck with your half marathon! That is awesome!

Emily said...

Natalie, I just got new running shoes, too, and I bought Asics for the first time. They look just like yours but with purple trim instead of pink. I almost didn't buy them because they were purple, but they are soooo comfortable. I already love them, even though they kind of look like futuristic space shoes.